Bente Kahan’s Awards
- 2019 „Internationaler Brückepreis der Europastadt Görlitz/Zgorzelec”
(the International Bridge prize of the European city Görlitz/Zgorzelec).
- 2017 “Honorary Citizen of Wroclaw”. chosen by the Mayor and the City Board
- 2016 “Verdienstkreuz am Bande” (Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany) Awarded by the president of Germany
- 2015 “POLCUL” a Polish-Australian Culture prize.
- 2013 “Order of the Cavalier Cross of Restored Poland” awarded by the president of Poland
- 2010 “Ambassador Wroclawia” (Wroclaw Ambassador) a title chosen by a council of honoraries in the City headed by the local edition of the Polish newspaper “Gazeta Wyborcza”.
- 2010 “German-Polish Silesian Culture Award” Awarded by the local governments of Lower Saxony (Germany) and Lower Silesia (Poland).
- 2010 “Award for promoting Tolerance”, Foundation for Tolerance, Poland.
- 2006 “Wroclaw Mayor’s Award”
- 2000 “Garantiinntekt for kunstnere”, A Lifelong Stipend for Artists by the Norwegian Arts Council. Since living in Poland, she has resigned on this very prestigious honor.
- 1999 “JosefinesVisepris”, prize for shedding new light on the European ballad trad., Norway.
- “There cannot be many on this earth who can create equally powerful lconcerts as Bente Kahan.” Nordlys, Norway
- “Bente Kahan makes her music soar above the stage, like a bluebird of love.” Expressen, Sweden
- “A touching journey in time and space and back again, into the depths of the soul and heart…..”Arbejderen, Denmark
- “…beautiful, intelligent…a magnifice nt artist.” Gazeta Wyborcza, Poland
- “Bente Kahan is the Diva of Jewish Music.” Mitteldeutsche Zeitung, Germany
- “One listens with a pounding heart.” DieZeit, Germany
- “This is not merely moving, but also uplifting for the heart.” Die Welt, Germany
- “So much divinity flowed toward her audience on that evening.” Berliner Zeitung, Germany
- “enduringly impressive” DieTageszeit, Germany
- “Anastonishing from the gut performance” Time Out, Great Britain
- “The audience went wild, nearly lifting the roof off the theatre” De Volkskrant, The Netherlands
- “Sensitive Bente Kahan brings overwhelming beautiful performance” Zwolsche Courant, The Netherlands
- “With stunning artistry…magnificent monodrama..” The Jewish Press Magazine, USA
- “…marvelous performance…” JerusalemYad Vashem Quarterly Magazine, Israel